The admission period for the academic school year of 2014/2015 at the American School of Kosova (ASK) has started.
The enrollment procedure includes the following steps:
- Applicants are required to submit a fully completed Application Form signed by parent or legal guardian and with two passports photographs (not more than 6 months old) of the applicant attached. The applicants will then be registered for the Entrance Examination, (only for students entering grade 6 to 12) for which the date and time will be notified when submitting the Application Form. This test is not discriminatory; it provides information about the student’s level of English and Math the possible need for Additional English Lessons.
- A testing fee of 5.00€ must be paid to the Finance Office at the time of application in order to enter the Entrance Examination. This fee is not refundable, but for those that pass the Entrance Examination, this amount will be deducted from the School Tuition Fee.
- After the examinations Parents must sign a legal Contract with the school (Finance Department) in order to enroll their child.
Documents Required by Student Affairs Office:
- Applicants are required to produce a transcript from the previous school attended along with the certificate or report card
- Medical examination form, to be completed by a physician within 3 months prior to the student’s entry in school.
- Complete, official school records from the previous school (if not applying for preschool or grade 1).
- If coming from outside Kosova, you must go to the Ministry of Education for the transcript validation.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport or birth certificate, in order to prove the age of the child.
- Reference letters from previous schools.
- Elementary school students must attach their immunization cards.
- For high school -Piket e testit te arritshmerise te klases se nente.
Once all of the above is fulfilled, a Contract of Education is signed between a student’s parent/guardian and the School. If not from Prishtina, families should plan their arrival date accordingly so that students will be ready to enter the first day of school.
All fees for the semester must be paid before the due date set by the Finance Office in order for the students to be admitted to classes. If the sponsoring employer is making the payment directly to the school, parents should ensure that their company or institution has made arrangements to pay the fees before each semester begins.
The following policies regarding admissions should also be noted:
- In term of admission priorities, ASK gives first consideration to qualified U.S. citizens.
- Applicants for Elementary School must be six years old on or before December 1 of the school year for which an application is made.
- Applicants for Pre School K4 must be 4 years old on or before December 1 of the school year for which an application is made.
- Applicants for Pre School K5 must be 5 years old on or before December 1 of the school year for which an application is made.
- The senior year must be completed in residence by students intending to graduate from ASK and students must complete the graduation requirements before their 20th birthday.
Parents and students should be aware of the following policies regarding school’s curricular requirements and guardianship of students:
- American School of Kosova is a private American school.
- All students must satisfy the curricular requirements as outlined in the school’s policies.
All questions regarding admissions should be directed to the Students Affairs Office.
We look forward to welcoming you to the American School of Kosova.